It has been a long time since I have written something in this blog. For those who have followed me, apologies for this long silence.
So what have I been doing for the past two years?
It has been a very tough two years for many, and I have, like, many people have gone through lots of upheavals. But I am somewhat of an optimist. I know that while we are still going through lots of uncertainties in the world, one thing I know is that I have a choice. I can choose to dwell on the negatives or use the time I have to do something.
That was precisely what I did. 2020 to 2021 was filled with incredible work, which I am very grateful for. Thanks to technology (particularly ZOOM), I could still do my work using my laptop and a couple of fancy apps.
What I have learned in the past two years are:
- Unexpected things are going to happen
- Not to dismiss the real emotions that I experienced, I am only human
- Learn to step out of the realm of emotions and look at how to move forward (it is not easy, but a little step is a good start)
- Be thankful for help and opportunities
- Be tenacious and push on towards the goal I have set myself (I completed a professional coaching program within the stipulated time I set for myself)
- To let go of things and people who are not going to serve me as I continue to develop and grow
- Every day is a new opportunity to learn
- Self-care is as critical as my work
What I shared might resonate with some of you. To some, I might come across as a positive person. I instead considered myself pragmatic because I know that while it is ok to feel sad, frustrated, and the plethora of ’not so good emotions’, I see them as normal emotions that all of us need to go through. However, because these emotions are often related to a context or situation, the way to help ourselves is to move away from the context and towards the context and situation that will make you thrive. So it is ok to feel not so good. However, the way to prevent yourself from dwelling on the ’not so good is to move towards the feeling of good.